Edgemont Partners Closes 30th Clinical Research Site Transaction
Edgemont is the #1 M&A advisor to clinical research site organizations
NEW YORK, NY – January 12, 2021 – Edgemont Partners (“Edgemont”), a premier healthcare investment bank and a leading M&A and capital raising advisor exclusively serving healthcare companies, announces the closing of its 30th M&A transaction for a clinical research site organization, extending its market leading position as the top ranked M&A advisor to site companies. Edgemont has now closed three or more transactions with each of the three largest independent U.S. clinical research site organizations, including advising on the platform acquisitions for two of these three market leaders.
Edgemont’s clinical pharmacology and research site experience includes:
- Seven (7) transactions with Evolution Research Group (including the initial platform acquisitions by DFW Capital and subsequent sale to Linden Capital Partners)
- Four (4) transactions with Vince and Associates Clinical Research (including the initial platform acquisition by Celerity Partners and sale to Altasciences)
- Three (3) transactions with Velocity Clinical Research (including the initial platform acquisitions by Navimed Capital)
- Three (3) transactions with Cenexel Clinical Research
- Two (2) transactions with Wake Research (including its sale to M3 USA)
- Transactions with leading CROs, including Parexel, PRA Health (2), Premier Research, and CTI
- Sale of the leading global Alzheimer’s Research Center
Clinical research site organizations advised by Edgemont include market leaders in the following therapeutic areas, study types and special populations:
- Central Nervous System
- Women’s Health
- Pulmonary / Respiratory
- Rare/Orphan Diseases
Study Types / Capabilities:
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Healthy Normal Volunteer
- Renal and Hepatic
- Medical Device
- Invitro Diagnostics
- Inpatient Psychiatry
- Sleep Disorders
- Post-Surgical / Acute Pain
- Human Abuse Liability
- Ethnic Bridging
- Virtual, Decentralized and Home-based Studies
- High BMI
- Disease State
The clinical research site market remains highly fragmented and Edgemont sees continued market consolidation and shifts, including the use of virtual and decentralized clinical trial models accelerating in the current Covid environment. Evolving models are being employed to coordinate an increasing amount of research site activities off-site, opening up new market opportunities. In addition, technology solutions are playing an increasingly critical role in clinical research studies at the subject level.
Edgemont looks forward to continuing to support the clinical research site market in 2021 and beyond.
About Edgemont Partners
Now in its 20th year, Edgemont ranks among the most active and best performing independent healthcare M&A and financial advisors in the U.S. We focus solely on providing expert strategic advice and transaction execution to healthcare and life sciences companies, bringing a steadfast commitment to our clients, driven always to prioritize their best interests. Edgemont’s principals have executed 170+ transactions with an aggregate value of $65 billion+.
For more information on Edgemont and how we can best serve you, contact Ben Hughes at +1 (646) 632-3967, or visit our website at www.edgemont.com.