Edgemont Announces Record 2018 Results and Launches Rebrand
Solidifies position as a leader in middle market healthcare M&A advisory and capital raising; Firm’s name will change to “Edgemont Partners”
Edgemont team grows by more than 25% in 2018; new website launched
NEW YORK (January 8, 2019) – Leading independent healthcare investment banking firm Edgemont Capital Partners will rebrand as “Edgemont Partners”, it was announced today. As part of the rebranding, Edgemont is launching a new website, www.edgemont.com.
“The name ‘Edgemont Partners’ represents our sole focus on M&A and financing advisory services exclusively for healthcare companies, and our rock-solid commitment to delivering exceptional results for our clients. We are excited to introduce our new brand and website that highlight our proven track record built over the past 18 years,” said David Blume, Co-founder and Managing Director. “With 25 experienced investment banking professionals, we have grown to become one of the largest – and one of the few remaining independent – middle market healthcare investment banks in the US.”
Edgemont produced its best year to date in 2018, with record growth in transaction volume, financial performance and headcount. The Firm closed 12 transactions and generated 40% higher revenue over its prior best year. Headcount grew by more than 25% – as a result, Edgemont has more than doubled in size over the past two years. The Firm’s expansion included both internal promotions and lateral recruiting of talented healthcare bankers. Significant personnel additions during the year included:
- Hired Kojo Appenteng to lead the Firm’s Healthcare IT (HCIT) group. Appenteng joined from Credit Suisse where he served in the same role. He was previously a HCIT banker at Harris Williams and Morgan Stanley.
- Promoted Vitaliy Marchenko to Vice President. Marchenko joined Edgemont in 2015 from D.A. Davidson.
- Promoted Patrick Bradley to Vice President. Bradley joined the firm in 2016 from Houlihan Lokey.
- Hired Andrew Karlin as Vice President from the healthcare group at Mizuho Securities. He was previously a banker at Lincoln International.
- Hired Gustave Macheras as Associate. He was previously an Associate in the healthcare group at Credit Suisse.
- Promoted David Murphy and Dan Smallegan to Associate from Analyst.
- Hired six Analysts.
Supported by strong corporate M&A activity, private equity investment and powerful industry forces of change across many healthcare segments, Edgemont enters the New Year with a record backlog and projects the Firm’s overall transaction activity to continue at record levels in 2019. Edgemont plans to add more managing directors and other seasoned professionals as it continues to expand.
About Edgemont Partners
Edgemont Partners is a premier investment bank that provides merger and acquisition advisory
and growth capital raising services exclusively to healthcare companies. We focus solely on
providing expert strategic advice and transaction execution, bringing a steadfast commitment to our clients, driven always by what’s in their best interest. This dedication enables us to deliver independent conflict-free advice, to serve as trusted advisors to healthcare entrepreneurs, management teams and investors, and to execute with exceptional results.
For more information on Edgemont and how we can best serve you, contact Ben Hughes at (646) 632-3967 or visit our website at www.edgemont.com.
Investment banking services are provided by Edgemont Capital Partners, LP, a registered broker-dealer and member of FINRA and SIPC.